October 15th to December 7th is open enrollment for Medicare changes. It is a good practice to take a look at your current situation to see if you should consider any changes. Have you received any Notice of Change letters about Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) or Prescription Drug Plans (Part D)? Have your medications changed since you purchased your last Part D or Advantage Plan
These are all triggers for you to compare the plans available in your area now to see if there is a plan more appropriate for your current situation.
Any changes you make now will take effect on January 1st 2017. Be sure to review you Medicare and You booklet you will receive by mail or e-mail as it may alert you to changes that could impact your coverage or plan choices.
During open enrollment you will have options to:
- Switch back and forth between Original Medicare and a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D Drug Plan
- Switch from one Medicare Part D Drug Plan to another
- Drop your Medicare Part D Drug Plan (you may have switched to a Medicare Advantage Plan that includes drug coverage)